Sunday, June 16, 2013

Martha Stewart Living Magazine


A few months ago Jeff bought me a subscription to Martha Stewart Living Magazine on my iPad.

One of my favorite things to do in the morning is drink coffee and flip...er...slide(?) thru it.

My favorite articles are about woman who quit their "real" jobs to pursue their "dream" jobs.

Their dream jobs are usually one of the following:

1.) Owning a unique flower shop

2.) Churning butter and only selling it to local restaurants

3.) Embroidering pillows

4.) Using their Grandmother's old jam recipes to start a preserves company out of their garage and once again only selling to local restaurants

5.) Starting a bee hive 

I don't know how these woman give up multimillion dollar city jobs to do what they love which seems so obscure...yet still end up making millions of dollars doing it.


This is one of my favorite pictures from one of the magazine articles about dairy.

I think it's so beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about this Jeannie. I don't believe it. I am calling the bluff on all these stories and say that it is not something the average person can do. And that pretty much these people are actually in debt to their eyeballs. (This might be insane jealously talking.) -Becca Lu

Jeannie's Obsessions said...

I just read another article...woman CEO gives up job to decorate barns!