Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Doreen's Jazz New Orleans


My favorite street musician in New Orleans right now is Doreen's Jazz Band.

Ms. Doreen is da bomb dot com.



I am beyond obsessed with her, she is just so legit and awesome.

She is the most fantastic clarinet player I have ever seen.

I didn't even know a clarinet could sound so good.

Remember in middle school when everyone played the clarinet?

I would always roll my eyes at them and think to myself "You might as well be playing a slide whistle from the Cracker Barrel gift shop."

I just never gave the clarinet much attention.

Well Ms. Doreen has really opened my eyes to what an amazing instrument it is.

Or maybe its just that Ms. Doreen manipulates it in such a way that it is so cool.

This band is legit y'all.

They have played for every president since Carter.

Here is her website.

I bought one of her cds last week and it brightens my mood every time I listen to it.

I can't wait to just play it around my apartment.

If you ever find yourself in the French Quarter you must visit Doreen's Jazz Band.

Here's a little video of them:


No comments: