Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Free Vitamin Waters


I am once again training for the Chicago Half Marathon.

This time I've been running outside which has proven to be much tougher than my usual treadmill routine watching Real Housewives.

But the treadmill in my building is broken so for the past 2 months I've been hitting the Lake Shore path.

It's beautiful and all but running outside in the heat is exhausting.

That Nike app doesn't take into account the weather conditions when it shouts in my ear "You are going slower than you did yesterday."

Yeah that's because it's 99 degrees and I can't breathe!

I know what you are thinking "Jeannie you should run at 5am before the suns comes up."

Well I can't because I'm too busy watching horrible and amazing T.V. shows until the wee hours of the morning.

I watch amazing shows with Jeff then switch to horrible ones after he goes to bed.

For example I'll watch and episode of The Killing then an episode of Extreme Hoarders...not even regular hoarders but the extreme ones.

My dear friend Senja has been running with me.

She makes me get up early for my runs which is great however she runs so fast!

We do like 9 minute miles and I still hold her back!

The other day we were finishing a long 7 mile run in the heat when we both saw a mirage.

A man handing out freezing cold Vitamin Waters.

As we got closer we realized he wasn't a mirage but rather a guy who worked doing promotional gigs for Vitamin Water.

We were a mile away from our goal and got to pick our flavor and everything.

It really made that last mile so much better.

If there were vendors giving away free stuff all the time on the Lake Shore path my runs would be so much better.

Of course then I'd have no where to put anything.

I could barely hold that Vitamin Water for a mile.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the "before" and "after" images, where my head is first a normal human head and then turns into a huge strawberry by the time we have the waters. Or a tomato.