Monday, January 23, 2012

Jaws Cupcakes

I made Jaws cupcakes for our Thursday Evening Movie Club. (Click the link to listen to us or you can download us on iTunes.)


The icing is a vanilla buttercream frosting from the food network.

For the sand cupcakes I crushed 3 graham cracker sheets in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin to get the crackers nice and fine.

After icing the cupcakes I rolled them in the graham crackers then inserted a mini cocktail umbrella.

For the shark cupcakes I bought a bag of shark gummies from 7/11, dug a hole in the cupcakes and inserted the shark in the cupcake.

I used blue food coloring to make the icing look the the ocean.

At the last minute I remembered Jaws gets blown up in the end so I used some red food coloring to make the water look bloody and cut up the shark gummy.

These cupcakes actually taste better after being in the refrigerator for a day or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blown up Jaws. Very creative!

Jeannie's Obsessions said...

Thank you so much!