Monday, August 29, 2011

My Encounter with Jeffrey Tambor


I love Jeffrey Tambor so much.

He is one of my favorite actors of all times.

I watched the Larry Sanders show almost every night for two years.

When my brother visited me on the cruise ship I started watching the show again with him because he had never seen it before.

Jeffrey Tambor's character Hank Kingsley quickly became his favorite and all week long we were doing Hank bits.

So I found it positively providential that as I was checking into the airport to fly home from Hawaii I actually saw Jeffrey Tambor in front of me.

My heart began to race.

I knew I had to say something...I didn't want to be an obnoxious fan but it was all too perfect!

I had to tell him that Hank Kingsley was my favorite television character of all time.

I waited till after he got his tickets fixed and then I raced up to him and his wife.

Me: "Mr. Tambor?"

Man: "No...."

Me: "Your not Mr. Tambor?"

Man: "No..."

Me: "Oh..I'm sorry."


I was so confused.

Jeff was like "What did he say?"

"That's he's not Jeffrey Tambor" I replied.

We thought about it for a long time...thinking how maybe Jeffrey Tambor just pulled a fast one on me.

But then I googled Jeffrey Tambor 2011 and he does look much older than the man in the airport.

This is all extra hilarious because the night before we had just re-watched the episode of Larry Sanders where Hank has a big fan and he ends up looking exactly like Hank.

I guess there must be thousand of Jeffrey Tambor early 90's look a likes out there.

I was bummed it wasn't the real one.

2 comments:

Corey Case said...

Wow. That really does look like Jeffrey Tambor.

Mr J said...

Jeffory Tambor looks a little like Dr. Phill.