Friday, July 29, 2011

GU Energy Gel

I can't believe I'm writing this...because even though I log a minimum of 30 miles a week I still have trouble considering myself a real runner...but I actually have come to a new place in my running.

I am now one of those runner who needs an energy boost on a long run.

I can't believe I am now one of those people.

What am I doing buying energy supplements?

That's for people like Lance Armstrong not me!

Well I am here to tell you that these GU energy gels are not only DELICIOUS (seriously the mint chocolate tastes like a chocolate bar that has been left in the sun too long) but they actually HELP.

After about an hour of running (who am I Katie Holmes Cruise?) my legs start to get a little fatigued.

While running I slurp one mint chocolate GU gel and almost instantly my aching goes away and I can run for another hour.

It's like magic!

And they are only 100 calories each.

I've only tried the mint chocolate but I plan on trying other flavors in the future.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

You're totally a runner!

I love the vanilla GU.

Cristin said...

You are a runner!

I love the Vanilla GU.