Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ranch Dressing

I LOVE RANCH DRESSING!

I have grown up eating it with all my veggies.

In high school I learned that ranch goes great with chicken fingers and french fries.

Till this day I only eat ranch dressing on my salads and I do NOT partake in non-fat ranch or low fat ranch dressing.

Actually it makes me really mad when trainers are like "Eating a salad with dressing is the same thing as eating a burger and fries."

I just don't believe that statement.

Everyday I eat a salad with 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing and I haven't gained any weight from this practice.

I also run a lot...so I know that helps keep my weight down.

However a salad with low fat dressing is just not appealing to me at all.

So I try to limit my ranch intake to 2 tablespoons which I believe is around 140 calories.

I will say that my salad only contains veggies: lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers.

Veggies that have hardly any calories so I can enjoy my ranch.

For example I don't often add egg, avocado, cheese, olives or croutons because that would really add up.

I make these small sacrifices so that I can have my beloved ranch, which is often called "fat girls ketchup."

Obviously there are others out there who share my love for ranch.

I found this photo online of a ranch fountain someone put out at a party.


I want to take a bath in it!

I want this ranch fountain at my wedding.

Let me know if you love ranch dressing!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

ummm I dip almost everything in ranch dressing! I think it's more of a southern trend than anything else... I would also love a ranch fountain at my wedding! Or my next cookout.

Mr J said...

I love the ones that have melted chocolate. My mom got one of those once and burned the chocolate. Just make a giant chocolate fountain and I'll dive in. A Vanilla one wouldn't be a bad idea either.