Thursday, April 21, 2011

LC Does it again...



LC just launched a new website called thebeautydeparment.com

Websites like this make you believe that you too can perfect the art of hair and makeup in the comforts of your own home.

I'm currently drooling over this site even though there is a voice in the back of my mind shouting "These tricks don't actually work."

I mean they work for rich people who actually have all the items necessary to perfect the look.

For example to achieve vintage hair you need:

1" barrel curling iron
setting clips
hair spray
and a paddle brush

I don't own any of those things.

And I know they aren't necessarily expensive but what I'm just supposed to go out and get this stuff to achieve one look?

Another example is the new ombre nail look.


Easy enough right....except do you have 5 different shades of blue nail polish in your make-up bag?

I didn't think so.

So while I will continue to visit this website daily...it goes without saying that I won't be walking around town with a messy fishtail braid telling people "I did it myself!"

LC stop making me think I could be you!

No comments: