Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mindy Kaling's Blog, Gnome Soap, Mini Fruit and 2 Obsession Failures!




I recently discovered Mindy Kaling's old blog Things I've Bought That I Love.

It's a really great read for ladies.

Also the play that put her on the map years ago Matt & Ben is finally available for purchase on Amazon.

I've always wanted to read it.


Gnome Soap on a Rope!

Watermelon scented...yes please!




I love mini fruit!

And now for 2 Obsession Failures.

A little while ago I blogged about a pasta made out of Tofu called Shirataki.


The main reason I was so intrigued by it was because the entire package is only 20 calories.

Well I finally found some here in Texas and I heated it up yesterday and IT'S DISGUSTING!

IT STINKS SO BAD AND TASTE AWFUL.

I keep thinking maybe I prepared it wrong because Jo said she had it and liked it.

I mean that's what I get for trying to eat an entire bag of pasta just because I can since it's only 20 calories.

Too good to be true.

Obsession Failure #2...

Now I don't think I have blogged about Kombucha before but it's something I've been obsessed with trying for some time.


Basically it's a fermented tea that supposedly makes you feel amazing and energized and celebrities drink it....so you know of course I want some too.

I've seen it at Whole Foods before but its always $5 for one bottle and I can never get myself to spend that much.

Well the other day I saw it at H.E.B. the grocery store here in Texas and it was only $3 so I bought a bottle.

I envisioned drinking it and being able to run 10 miles in skinny jeans with a glowing complexion.

Wrong!

IT'S DISGUSTING!

I took one sip and wanted to vomit.

I guess I'll never be famous.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it have been great if you had the tea with the tofu pasta and loved them together?!? Then maybe you would have been INfamous!

superkev said...

I am in love with kombucha. I can't believe it's not actually terrible for you, because I like it so much. I've read stories about people dying from drinking too much of it. Maybe it's a blessing that it's so expensive because I could fatally overdose on the stuff.