Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Dying Wish

I've put a lot of thought into what my dying wish would be and I've decided that it would be to see a live performance of Red, White and Blaine with the original (and only) cast.

I watch Waiting for Guffman every few months.

It is one of my favorite movies of all time.

In high school I stumbled upon it at a video store and rented it and my parents and I died of laughter.

After watching it I rented Best in Show and A Mighty Wind and quickly declared Christopher Guest as my favorite director.

Till this day Waiting for Guffman is still my favorite Guest film and I never ever grow tired of watching it.

I have this day dream that I'm sick and lying in a hospital bed and a nurse pokes her head into my room and tells me the hospital has a little surprise for me.

They help me out of bed and I carefully walk into a room and there in front of me is a stage.

I sit down and Bob Balaban cues the orchestra to start the overture and then shortly after Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy, Christopher Guest and Parker Posey take the stage and start singing Covered Wagons.

It seems like the kind of thing that could only happen if I was sick and dying although I've often wondered how much it would cost to ask Christopher Guest if he would put up a production of Red, White and Blaine for say my 30th birthday party.

A few days ago in the buffet Jo and I met a passenger who said he lived down the street from Eugene Levy and it made me thing maybe I'm getting closer to this dream becoming a reality.



No comments: