Saturday, September 25, 2010

Japan Day 2, Tokyo Fish Market

Because of all the time zone changes I magically awoke my second day in Japan at 4:00 am.

The guide book suggested staying awake and going out to the Tokyo fish market.

So Jeff and I headed out on the train.


Jeff on the train.


The fish market had the largest fish for sale that I have ever seen.

Look at all this huge tuna!



They also had tons of octopus.





I have no idea what creatures I'm standing next to.


More tuna!


The guide book suggested we eat some sushi right there in the market.

So Jeff and I had what I like to call breakfast sushi at 6am.

I somehow made a mistake and ordered the most expensive sushi on the menu.

$20 for just those two pieces of tuna belly.

It was the greatest sushi I've ever tasted.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tokyo, Japan

No comments: