Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Danny Couch

Danny Couch is a Hawaiian entertainer based in Waikiki.

I am beyond obsessed with him!

Danny is famous for the song "These Islands" which he wrote and performs all over Hawaii.

I first heard this song last year when one of the Hawaiian ambassadors on the ship performed a hula to it.

It's a little over the top and that is why I love it so much.

I kept my love of this song a secret until I met my cast mate John who heard the song and declared his obsession for it.

We began singing it every time something went wrong for one of us either on the ship or in Hawaii.

Like every time a security guard mishandles are precious Mac computers by launching them on the conveyor belt of an X-Ray machine with a loud "THUD" John and I simply look at one another and smile and sing "This is Aloha!".

Whenever a shuttle driver complains to everyone that he hates tourists and wishes Hawaii was not part of the U.S. John and I look at each other, smile and sing "This is Aloha!"

Every time a passenger pushes us out of the way at the buffet "This is Aloha!"

It sends us into a fit of giggles every time.

Last week I made a new friend.

His name is John too!

John is Hawaiian and grew up on the islands so during breakfast I asked him if he knew the song "These Islands" and told him I was obsessed with it and Danny Couch.

He started laughing immediately and said he did know the song but had never met anyone who liked it let alone who was obsessed with it or Danny Couch.

We spent the next 2 hours talking about Danny and decided that me and the 2 Johns would start a Danny Couch fan club called the Couch Potatoes.

The 3 of us just love him so much!

Please listen to the entire song it's great.



5 comments:

Mary Bingman said...

Aloha Jeanie. Just another Danny here. Come check me out on Google
Malama Pono and Hugs

Mary In Texas

Mary Bingman said...

Aloha Jeannie, Im right there with you ((:

Mary Bingman said...

ALOHA Jeannie, Im know what you mean ((; Malama Pono Mary in Texas

Jeannie's Obsessions said...

Glad you got a kick out of this blog Mary!

Mary Bingman said...

ALOHA jEANNIE HOW ARE YOU? DANNY HAS A SITE ON FACE BOOK

https://www.facebook.com/DannyCouchFan

I LOVE YOUR BLOG, ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK, WOULD LOVE TO SEND YOU A REQUEST, MAHALO AND MALAMA PONO MARY