Thursday, May 27, 2010

Obsessions has been sick

I've been sick since Sunday night.

Just real bad sinus infection with fever.

I actually stayed in my cabin for 3 straight days except when I had to do my shows.

Today I'm feeling a bit better and definitely needed some fresh air.

Here are a few obsessions I have whenever I am feeling under the weather.

1.) Checking my Temperature- Whenever I am positive I am coming down with something I become a little obsessed with my thermometer. I'v been known to check it a million times in an hour. I use the thermometer as my main gage for judging just how sick I am. I have a wonderful one that lights up in different colors: light green is normal, orange is slightly bad and red is bad. I hate when I'm feeling really sick but my temperature is normal because I feel like I have no real proof that I am sick. As soon as I hit the orange I start telling people.

"Jeff I don't want to alarm you but I have a slight fever." I'll say and Jeff will merely nod his head.

"Jeff it could go even higher." And he'll nod again.

Great...I'll think he doesn't believe me. Nobody believes me! And I'll actually hope that my temperature goes into the red.

2.) Going to the doctor- If I'm sick I'm going to the doctor. I come up with exactly what I am going to say before I get there because if I don't rehearse I find I forget to mention some of my symptoms. Some doctors also like to water down how sick you are. Like I'll be coughing up a lung for a week and they'll say

"I mean your throat looks a little red but not much. Do you smoke?"

I will firmly tell them that I do not smoke and remind them that I have been coughing continuously for days now and that nothing over the counter seems to be working.

You've really got to know what to say to your doctor otherwise you'll walk out with a $200 bottle of Robitussin.

3.) Drink plenty of fluids- I don't really know what this is supposed to do but I guzzle tons of water and other clear fluids when I'm sick. I really like sprite zero.

4.) Remember what life was like when I wasn't sick- There is always a day during my sickness when I fondly remember the days that I wasn't sick. Why...I was just running 3 miles the other day on the treadmill...I'll think to myself...now look at me...I can barely stand in the shower for 5 minutes.

5.) Watching feel good movies- When I'm sick I only want to watch fun movies. Nothing to serious. This week alone I've watched: Pretty in Pink, Mystic Pizza, Waiting for Guffman and Slings and Arrows.

These are just a few funny obsessions about myself being sick however on a more serious note every time I'm sick I always realize that there are people out there who are sick everyday of there life. Some fighting just to stay alive and my heart really starts to hurt for them. Sometimes the common cold can really knock me out I can't imagine having worse so I just start praying for everyone I know who is sick.

No comments: