Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jalapenos

I have been putting jalapenos on just about everything lately: nachos, salads, burgers, subway sandwiches EVERYTHING.

I've never really been one for heat in my food but as of late I've really taken the plunge.

My brother is a heat maniac and drenches all of his meals in hot sauce.

I've watched him do this for years but have always had a fear of heat.

When I was in sixth grade my Mom made some of her famous homemade salsa and one of the jalapeno seeds got stuck in my braces.

My mouth was on fire!

I could not get the seed out and started to cry.

We tried everything and finally cooled my mouth down by applying a fudgesicle to the area.

I avoided jalapenos after that until recently.

I don't know what has gotten into me but I love heat on my food and I'm unstoppable!

Check out my jalapeno Whataburger.


No comments: