Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Farmville and Nanowrimo


Well I have entered myself in the National Novel Writing Month contest.

It goes from November 1-30 and in that time you are suppose to write 50,000 words which would equate to a 175 page book.

This is a difficult task since I am trying to do so with a quill pen, dressed in prairie clothes like the photo above.

Upon finding this photo I had to ask myself were there cameras back then?

Odd.

Rather I am dressed in gym gear, eating handfuls of goldfish and falling asleep every hundred words or so.

This is going to be a very difficult task.

However I know other people are doing the contest as well and I'm pretty competitive.

I find myself thinking "Well if John has 3,000 words I should have that many too."

Turns out I can write while watching T.V.

In other news I have joined Farmville on Facebook.

Although I must say I have no idea what I am doing.

I logged on today to find that my 3 plots of strawberries I had planted had in fact died.

My joining Farmville has had a mixed reaction from the Facebook community.

Several improv friends seem pleased that I have joined and have asked me to be farm neighbors whereas my cool college brother wrote me a message saying "Tell me you didn't just join Farmville."

Will see how long I stay a farmer.


2 comments:

Deanna Moffitt said...

Jeannie,

I fully support your efforts with NaNoWriMo and will be cheering you on from afar and up close.

This Farmville thing though can go suck a rotten egg. I've never seen a more veritable time waster in my life. I hope you're able to get out while you still can.

However, I will still like if you can't.

Obsessions said...

Deanna,

If it makes you feel any better all my strawberry crops died.

Love,

Jeannie