Friday, May 22, 2009

Root Beer ect.


Root Beer is delicious.

I rarely let myself drink regular sugary soda but lately I've been treating myself to an ice cold Root Beer.

I love the taste: cold, bold and brassy.

I remember as a kid I would love getting different bottled root beer at restaurants my family would stop on during our road trips.

For some reason though I would chug the whole thing before the meal even came.

I feel like bottled root beer doesn't hold as much liquid that a can does.

It's either that or the nostalgia of the bottle makes me drink faster.

It would be an exceptional day when I would come across a gas station on a family road trip that had Barqs Red Creme Soda.

The fact that it's red adds a whole other layer of flavor for me.

My day would be made with a red creme soda.

I found myself telling my friends about it.

"Did you guys know that Shell up in Waldorf has Barqs Red Creme Soda?!"

They would never know what I was talking about but I was always so happy to find it.

I think it's because it reminds me of my favorite full calorie soda Big Red.

Big Red is a Texas thing.

It's all over Texas.

I've actually never seen it anywhere else.

That's not true: Literally the day Jeff and I were driving to the airport to do cruise boats we stopped in a gas station on Addison and Halsted that had 1 case of Big Red. Go figure.

But I would say Big Red is a Texas soda.

My Mom introduced it to me as a kid and every time we went to Texas we would bring a big case back with us and I would hand them out to my friends.

Again they were never as impressed as I was.

They just thought it was a soda.

To me it was so much more.

I drink Big Red all the time when I am in Texas.

I don't even think about the calories.

My mindset is "I'm eating and I'm in Texas I must have a Big Red."

All this talk of special soda has gotten me to think about Sunkist Fruit Punch Soda.

Where are you?

I can't even find a decent picture of you Sunkist Fruit Punch Soda.

I think the last time I had one was in 4th grade and it was delicious.

When I was in the Bahamas I found Slice Fruit Punch Soda....and was very disappointed.

It just wasn't as good.

All this talk of soda has made me very thirsty.

I think I might treat myself to a Sprite today.

A real Sprite.

I was totally one of those kids who drank Sprite after playing a hard game of basketball with my friends.

Those commercials are true.

I drank 20oz. of Sprite all the time after basketball practice.

That cold citrus taste after a hard work out was delicious.

I hate water!

O.k. now I really am thirsty.

1 comment:

Rance Rizzutto said...

I'm sure the answer is "yes", but have you had Jones Soda root beer? It is the best. Plus it has cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. I LOVE root beer, ask Brett. He bought me a 6 pack of Bravo Root beer for my birthday. Europe doesn't have rootbeer...they suck.