Friday, May 22, 2009

Lake Wobegon Podcast


I remember being introduced to Garrison Keillor and Lake Wobegon when I was 8 years old and in the second grade.

My Dad used to play A Prairie Home Companion on Sunday afternoons when we would be driving around Alexandria, VA.

I remember thinking the show was amazing and hilarious even at such a young age.

I thought it was smart and brilliant.

My Mother bought my Dad a collection of Lake Wobegon stories on cassette tapes I think for Father's Day and I used to listen to them in my room at night.

They seriously cracked me up.

Till this day when I go home and my folks are driving me around we inevitable listen to Garrison Keillor.

Recently I came across Lake Wobegon's free podcast on my iPhone.

I went crazy and downloaded all of them.

I love listening to them on my light days at the gym and when I'm about to go to sleep.

Mr. Keillor is an amazing story teller.

His voice is soothing and his message is that all is right with the world and with the town of Lake Wobegon.

I can rest easy knowing all the woman are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average.

No comments: