Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Last Straw...

I am currently sitting in Miami Airport.

After much ado about nothing I have disembarked from my cruise ship and am officially on holiday as my British friends would say.

I love my job and will be going on another ship in 6 weeks so stay tuned for more blogs!

It was weird because it took me a while to realize I was going to actually be leaving the ship.

After 8 consecutive months I was finally getting off.

I'm a little sad.

I already miss everyone.

But I'll tell you one thing.....

I don't miss mean passengers.

The following is an excerpt of a conversation I heard while waiting in line at the reception desk on the boat.

Allow me to set the scene.

It was the final day of the cruise so there was an exceptionally long line at reception.

I was waiting with my Guest Ella to get a print out of her bill.

It was around 9pm.

A woman who is probable 33 but looks like she is 40 cuts the entire line and goes up to the reception desk out of breathe and out of control.

Rude Woman: "My key card isn't working and I'M TIRED.

Reception: Yes Ma'am I'm helping these people right now and there is a line.

Rude Woman: "BUT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!!!! I'M TIRED!!!!! I MEAN BUT I'M TIRED!!!!"

Reception: Yes Ma'am there is a line thank you.

Rude Woman proceeds to stand aghast and makes one of the ugliest faces I have ever seen in my life.

She then cuts everyone and tries to get the line on her side but shouting "I mean can you believe this all I want is to go to bed. I mean I'm tired!!!!!"

???????????????????????

It was like watching a 4 year old throw a tantrum.

I will not miss her.

No comments: