Saturday, January 17, 2009

Vintage Aykroyd

Dan Aykroyd is the only thing getting me through Seasons 1 & 2 of SNL.

Don't get me wrong I think most everyone in the cast is talented(especially Murray's debut in Season 2)...but there is a special charisma that Mr. Aykroyd brings to the screen.

I absolutely love him and I know he would be my absolute favorite improvisor.

He's the perfect balance: Great committed character work, great impressions, corky, great timing and delivery and a little bit weird and bizarre.

Even in a horrible sketch...*which Seasons 1&2 are full of, he shines above all the rest.

Maybe Sophia Coppola will write a screenplay with him in mind.

*I'm not meaning at all to desecrate vintage SNL. I recognize that at that time it was a one of a kind show and even though there were bad sketches it paved the way for future comedy.

No comments: