Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nine the Musical....and DDL















Nine the Musical........is my favorite musical.


I was in it in college. I played Francesca (a.k.a I was in the chorus). I really wanted to be Claudia or Carla.


The show is so sexy and so fun and I had a blast doing it.


Well Rob Marshall is currently making 9 into a movie.



Mr. Marshall as you may know directed Chicago the movie and that won several Oscars including Best Picture. So I have high hopes for the film.



Ummm did I mention.......



THAT DANIEL DAY LEWIS IS GOING TO BE IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




He will be playing the leading role of Guido (a.k.a Fellini).



The cast if full of A list stars including: Nicold Kidman, Marion Cotillard, Kate Hudson, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench....and lots more.


Javier Bardem was supposed to play the lead then dropped out and it was rumored that DDL would take his place now he is listed as being in pre-production.


For those of you who are Obsessed with DDL like I am....you know that DDL usually only does movies ever 5 years or so. So I think people were suprised to see him doing another one so quickly.


I think that the role will be very easy for him and he will be amazing.


DDL won the Oscar this year for Best Actor in an amazing movie called There Will be Blood.

Now I have had many fights with people who did not like this movie.


Well all I have to say to you is....if you didn't "get" the movie you must not like smart movies.


Go rent Juno and eat twizzlers on your couch and be blown away by word play.


I on the other hand will be watching My Left Foot or In the Name of the Father on repeat.


Daniel Day Lewis is the greatest actor ever.








2 comments:

Finlay said...

you know what? I feel this blog about DDL was aimed directly at me! IT's pretty harsh of you. I understood the movie TWBB, and all I needed to understand was that it was very long and very boring.

Hopefully they don't make the same mess of your favorite musical.

Finlay said...

That sounded kind of mean....I miss ya Jeannie!