Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dr. Pepper.......Lifetime Obsession

I am currently sitting in a Burger King in Times Square....and I just did something I haven't done for a long time.

I ordered a medium Dr. Pepper!

Ever since college I have been a Diet Coke girl which is also an obsession of mine, however I grew up on Dr. Pepper and I must never forget that!

My Mother loves Dr. Pepper and raised me on it.

I loved Dr. Pepper so much that in middle school me and my best friend Amy Googe formed a Dr. Pepper club. She even made us a website.

The Dr. Pepper club never did much except talk about how much we loved Dr. Pepper and then of course there was the constant argument of Regular vs. Diet.

Both Amy and I had also visited the Dr. Pepper museum in Waco, TX.


I went temporarily insane in the Dr. Pepper Museum because it was that awesome.

They had Dr. Pepper Ice cream and Dr. Pepper served hot....which my Mom told me she used to enjoy drinking as a child.

The gift store was also awesome and I remember I bought a huge t-shirt that said "I'm a Pepper"
And I would like to know which of you out there didn't own Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers.

We all did because it was amazing. Why I still know people who own it.

Long Live the Pepper!!!! I think that was the battle cry of the Dr. Pepper Club.

I hope this blog made you crave a Dr. Pepper.

I know its making my friend Michelle crave one.

Michelle is one of my best friends from my old office job and she used to make me order 2 cartons of Dr. Pepper every time I was stocking up the office fridge!

That girl lives and breathes Dr. Pepper. Actually she is the one I was talking about when I said I still know people who have Dr. Pepper lipsmackers!

Seriously go treat yourself to a Dr. Pepper today!

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

jeannie- love dr pepper but since Sexy 08 and a little before than I've been trying to ignore soda... but when i partake i always try to make it DP... or diet dp. it is awesome and i'd love to try hot and ice cream versions...