Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dark Knight...A movie people clapped in

I saw Dark Knight on Sunday in NYC.

I wasn't going to see it at first. I was going to walk around town and shop.

But then everywhere I went I heard people raving about it so I decided to go with Jeff and see it.

It was a great movie. Even better then the last one. And of course Heath as the Joker was a performance of a lifetime.

I couldn't help but notice that people clapped at several points in the film. And it made me think of other movies I have seen in which people in the theatre have just started clapping.

1.) King of Kong
2.) Independence Day
3.) There Will Be Blood

All of those except Independence Day deserve the applause.

I would love to know if any of you guys have witnessed clapping in movie theatres.

Please leave me a comment if you have.

2 comments:

Jess said...

So many people clapped after Sex and the City. Including me =)It was so good though.

Awesome blog Jeannie. Love it.

Rebecca said...

Young at Heart. Which 100% deserved it. I think I talked to you about that movie--oh, yeah, you saw it too! I think I need to see it again. So good. And Young Guns 2 (yep, saw that back in the day).
Could I have named 2 movies so different? And why do they both have the word Young in them?
Miss you, Jeannie!